These terms and conditions apply to any Razzamataz Theatre Schools workshops, complimentary classes, terms of regular classes or other Razzamataz experience we provide (referred to below as “Razz Activities” or a “Razzamataz Activity” (as applicable)) to you. By booking your Razz Activity you are agreeing to the terms outlined below.
- WHO WE ARE and how to contact us
- We are your local Razzamataz Theatre Schools franchisee and our details are contained on the attached enrolment form.
- We operate under franchise from Razzamataz Theatre Schools Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under company number: 04592496 and whose registered office is at
- Unit 5 Marlborough Road, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham, United Kingdom, LL13 9RJ
- The booking process and Your contract with us
- To book a child onto a Razz Activity you must either complete and submit our registration form to us in person, online, or by post, or you can make the booking via the telephone with us, but where you do so you will still be required to complete and return to us our registration form for the booked Razz Activity when you attend the Razz Activity. By completing and submitting our registration form or attending a Razz Activity you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- Where we are able to accommodate and accept your booking we will notify you. Where we confirm your booking verbally we will also send you an email confirming acceptance provided you have provided us with your email address for this purpose. Once we confirm acceptance of your booking or you attend the booked Razz Activity (if earlier) a contract is formed which includes these terms and conditions.
- We are not obliged to accept your booking. If we cannot accept your booking for any reason we will tell you and no contract will be formed between you and us and you will not be charged or, if you have already paid all or some of the price for the booking you will be refunded the price paid by you.
- If the person placing the booking is not the person who will be accompanying and having care and control of the child attending the booked Razz Activity (referred to in these terms and conditions as the carer) then you are responsible for ensuring that the carer has read and complies with these terms and conditions. You are responsible for the carer’s behaviour and any breach of these terms and conditions by the carer.
- Price and payment
- The price of the Razz Activity you wish to book (which includes VAT) will be the price we tell you at the time of your booking (if booking by phone) or as detailed on your enrolment form or confirmed by us in an email (this is your “Tuition Fee”).
- We try to ensure that the prices advised to you are correct but it is always possible that, despite our efforts, our prices may be incorrect. If this is the case then you will either be refunded the difference if the correct price is less than what you have paid or if the correct price is higher, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your booking.
- If the rate of VAT changes between the date you placed your booking and the date your booked Razz Activity starts then we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full.
- We use a software system (Club Manager) who is responsible for the administration and collection of the Tuition Fees and will collect the Tuition Fee from you monthly in advance on our behalf by direct debit. By signing this form and the direct debit mandate form, you agree to pay to us the Tuition Fee and instruct (Club Manager) to collect the Tuition Fees by direct debit from your account in accordance with these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions you sign with Club Manager then these terms and conditions will override.
- If payment cannot be collected from you by Club Manager for any reason (including cancellation of your bank mandate form) and therefore we do not receive any payment from you when due then (in addition to our other rights and remedies) we reserve the right to terminate the contract with you for the booked Razz Activity.
- There will be a nominal admin charge for failed Direct Debit payments.
- If you do not pay us sums you owe us by the due date we may charge you interest on the overdue amount at the annual rate of 3% above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment, whether before or after any judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
- Transaction charges may apply for some credit card providers.
- Our prices are reviewed annually.
- Our right to make changes
We may sometimes have to make changes to these terms and conditions or your booked Razz Activity to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, these changes should not affect your enjoyment or experience. If we have to make further changes which affect your rights under these terms and conditions or your experience of the booked Razz Activity in a material way, we will inform you in advance. You will then have the opportunity to terminate the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any booked Razz Activity which has been paid for but not yet completed (or a partial refund where some of the booked Razz Activity has already taken place but has not yet completed).
- Your right to request changes
If you wish to make a change to the time, date or venue of the booked Razz Activity, please contact us and we will tell you if the change is possible and any changes to the price or anything else which would be necessary as a result. You will then be asked to confirm if you wish to go ahead with the change. If the requested change cannot be made or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract and paragraph 6 (cancellation – if applicable) or paragraph 7 (termination) will apply.
- Your right to cancel or make changes to your booking
- If you are booking the Razz Activity via the telephone with us without having first met us then the following cancellation rights apply but not otherwise. They do not apply where you are booking in person with us.
- If paragraph 6(1) applies to you and you change your mind and wish to cancel your booking, you may do so at any time within 15 days from the date on which the contract between you and us is formed under paragraph 2(2) (called the cancellation period in these terms and conditions). To exercise your right you must inform us in writing or by email of your decision to cancel within the cancellation period.
Important please read
- If your booked Razz Activity starts before the end of the cancellation period and you subsequently exercise your right to cancel, you must pay the cost of that part of the Razz Activity which has been provided during the cancellation period up until the date you exercised your right to cancel. We will deduct this cost from the price you have paid to us or if we have not yet received the price for this from you, you must pay us this cost without delay.
Please note that once your booked Razz Activity has been completed (which in the case of a regular term of classes this would mean completion of the entire term) you cannot change your mind, even if the cancellation period is still running.
- termination after the cancellation period
- If you wish to end a booked Razz Activity with us after the cancellation period or, where you are not entitled to the cancellation period, you may do so provided you give us six weeks written notice. This enables us to try to fill your booked place. You must however continue to pay us the sums due to us during this notice period.
Please note that this notice period will not apply where you have attended a complimentary class (only and have told us that you do not wish to continue) or where you have booked to attend Razz Tots.
- Rebooking. Please read. Where you attend a term of classes with us we will assume that you will be attending the next term of classes unless you provide us with six weeks notice prior written notice to the contrary. If we do not receive such notice from you we will hold the place for you and you will be required to pay us the sums due for that term of classes.
- Please note that where you serve notice to terminate the contract between you and us, the contract will not end until the end of the 6 week notice period, unless we are able to fill your booked place within this time period with another customer, in which case we can shorten the notice period accordingly. If we are able to fill the place(s) you have booked and now wish to terminate with another customer before the end of your notice period, then you do not need to pay us the sums due for the period that we have managed to fill and where you have paid us in advance for this period we will make an appropriate refund for the period we have managed to fill (but not otherwise). All refunds will be made in accordance with paragraph 5.
- If you wish to cancel or terminate your booking you can do so by either emailing us or writing to us at our address shown on the school’s website in either case including your name, home address and details of your booking.
- Any refunds due to you will be made as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to cancel in the cancellation period and you are entitled to a refund, then that refund will be processed no later than 14 days after the date on which your notice to cancel was received. An amount for the supply of any booked Razz Activity provided or made available to you prior to the date of your cancellation may be deducted from your refund but will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract. All refunds will be issued using the same method you used for payment unless you expressly agree otherwise.
- Please note that where a student is unable to attend the booked Razz Activity, due to sickness, holiday or a decision by that students’ parent or carer (or that student) not to attend, we regret that we are unable to refund any payment.
- Our right to terminate
We may end the contract with you at any time on notice to you if you breach these terms and conditions and have failed to cure that breach within 7 days of our notice requiring you to do so.
If we terminate the contract, you will not be entitled to attend the Razz Activity. If you have paid the price for that booked Razz Activity in advance we are entitled to deduct from your refund or to charge you an additional amount (which you must pay) to reasonably compensate us for any costs and losses we have incurred as a result of you breaking the contract with us. This may mean that no refund is applicable.
- Complimentary class
- Any child who has not previously attended the Razz Activity you wish to book with us has the option to try a complimentary class (accompanied by you or their carer) before you decide whether to book the remainder of that Razz Activity. Please note that complimentary classes do not apply to workshops or Summer Easter Schools. There is no charge for this complimentary class but it should be booked in accordance with paragraph 2. Please note this offer is not available for any child who has previously attended the Razz Activity to which the complimentary class relates.
- We ask that complimentary classes are pre-booked in advance. If you do not pre-book in advance and there is space in that class, then we may at our discretion allow you or the carer to attend with the child but, that child will not then be entitled to a further complimentary class.
- If you attend a complimentary class and then wish to book for the remainder of the classes for that term, you can do so with us at the end of the complimentary class and we will charge you the balance of the price for that term of classes after taking into account the complimentary class.
- If you are eligible for the complimentary class and book that Razz Activity without first attending the complimentary class then your first class will not be charged for and, the price due will include a discount to reflect this.
- Providing the Razz Activity
During the booking process you will be told when the booked Razz Activity will be provided. You may be asked to provide certain information to us during the booking process and may be asked to keep this information up-to-date. If you do not provide this information within a reasonable time of our request, or if you provide incomplete or incorrect information, we may end the contract. We will not be responsible for supplying the Razz Activity late or not supplying any part of it if this is caused by you not providing the information required within a reasonable time of being asked for it.
- Events outside our control
We are not responsible for delays outside our control including (but not limited to) epidemics or pandemics, acts of God, or compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction. If your booked Razz Activity is delayed or prevented by an event outside our control (such as a pandemic or epidemic) we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay (such as providing the Razz Activity through another format e.g. online classes (particularly where a pandemic or government guidance requires a regional closure meaning we cannot offer the Razz Activity in person).
Provided we have informed you and taken such steps to minimise the effect, we will not be liable for such delays and you are not entitled to terminate on the basis of the delay. However if there is a risk of substantial delay and we are unable to minimise the effect of this, then you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Razz Activity you have paid for but not received.
- Your Responsibility
- You promise and represent to us that:
- the information you provide at the time of your booking is complete and accurate and that any changes will be notified to us immediately;
- when attending any Razz Activity neither you nor any carer or the child attending will knowingly be suffering from any infectious or contagious disease(s). We ensure appropriate measures are in place such as, hand hygiene, regular cleaning, social distancing measures and thorough risk assessment procedure. If your child (or anyone in your household) is unwell, even with a mild cough or fever, they should stay at home and will not be permitted to attend the booked Razz activity where this is being held in person not onto the Razzamataz school premises; ;
- when attending any Razz Activity neither you nor any carer will use any photographic or recording equipment;
- the child attending the booked Razz Activity will be accompanied either by you or your carer to be signed in and out (if under 16);
- the child attending the booked Razz Activity will wear suitable footwear and clothing at all times, including Razzamataz uniform for all classes;
- the child attending the booked Razz Activity will be obliged to take care of their own belongings. We cannot accept any liability for lost or damaged belongings
- if there is a risk that the child attending the booked Razz Activity suffers from a medical condition that may require the administration of medication that you or a carer will remain in attendance or the child should ( unless we have otherwise agreed in writing) be able to administer the medication themselves and any medication must be clearly labelled. You acknowledge that we do not administer medication.
- You agree to comply with and will ensure that any carer attending the Razz Activity in your place will comply with all health and safety rules and procedures in place at the venue where the Razz Activity is being held.
- You acknowledge and agree that you and your child (and any carer) attend the Razz Activity at your own risk and that we cannot be held responsible for any spread of infection or contraction of Covid-19 unless we are shown to have been negligent and this caused the transmission.
Important – Please read the following
- Whilst we give you the option to provide us with information about your child’s health and needs, you acknowledge that neither we nor our staff are medically trained and are not qualified to assess whether you or your child are fit and well enough to take participate. Please contact your GP if you are in any doubt before booking. Also if you, the carer or your child feels unwell before or during a Razz Activity please let us know as soon as possible.
- Right to exclude
- We are entitled to exclude you, your carer or any accompanying child from the booked Razz Activity for such period as we specify (which may be permanently) if in our opinion the behaviour of any of you is unacceptable, detrimentally disruptive or puts others at risk. In these circumstances the price you have paid for that Razz Activity (or part of it which you have been excluded form) will not be refunded and where we agree you, your carer and the child accompanying them may attend the next class in that Razz Activity.
- If we decide permanent exclusion is appropriate (or you wish to terminate the contract) then you may be entitled to a refund for that part of the price you have paid in advance for the Razz Activity yet to be performed by us but please note paragraph 8 applies and we are entitled to make deductions from your refund to compensate us for our loss. This means you may not be entitled to a refund at all particularly where we are unable to find a substitute customer for your booked places at the Razz Activity.
- Exclusions of Liability
- We are only responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us where we have either failed to comply with these terms and conditions or have failed to use reasonable care and skill. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, you and we knew it might happen. As stated above, RTSL is not liable to you for anything we do or have not done.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees agents or sub-contractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and for breach of your legal rights, including the right for the Razz Activities to be supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- As the Razz Activities are for domestic and private use and enjoyment we are not liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
- Your legal rights
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the Razz Activities. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk. Nothing in these conditions will affect these legal rights.
- How your personal information will be used
- Any notices to be sent under these terms and conditions must be sent by pre-paid first class post or hand delivered to the address of the recipient or emailed to the recipient’s email address and shall be deemed to have been received by the addressee within 48 hours of posting if sent by post, and immediately if hand delivered or sent by email with confirmed email transmission.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another organisation and will contact you should we do so. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms and conditions to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- We operate in accordance with RTSL’s child protection policy which is available to view on request or at www.razzamataz.co.uk/child-protection-policy/.
- Each provision of these terms and conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior agreements and understandings between you and us. No statement or promise alleged to have been made and which is not contained or referred to in these terms and conditions shall be binding or form part of them.
- This contract is between you and us in respect of your booking and no-one else. Except for us no other person, organisation or entity of any kind shall have any rights to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do something which you are required to do under these terms and conditions or we delay in taking steps against you where you break your contract, this does not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.